Top List Of Best Mountain Bikes Under 3000 Dollars in 2017 – Reviews & Guide
Keeping 3000 dollars in pocket and looking forward to spending it all for a well furnished and polished mountain bike is a great bold initiative. It is great to see you this courageous and you can be fully sure that you just landed on the right place. You will find the best mountain bike under 3000 dollars here.
Mountain bikes are a very popular form of bicycles. Mountain bikes have a prideful past of itself. It was originated in Yellowstone national park, US in the year of 1896. Since then, mountain bikes do not have to look back. Moreover, to ride the mountain with lightning fast speed – mountain bike is the one and only choice for mountain riders. So why wait for more, let us dive into the rush of adrenaline and pick the perfect mountain bike of yours.
Top list of Best Mountain bikes under 3000 Dollars
BEIOU Carbon Fiber 650B Mountain Bike
- Sturdy T800 carbon fiber made frame, seat post and handlebar
- Very much lightweight, weighs only 10.7 kg.
- Beginner friendly design, declared by BEIOU
- Disc brake system and the disc brake is hidden here
- Hardtail mountain bike
- Fork suspension system
- 3*10 speed mountain bike
- Crank: HAO MENG
- Handlebar: BEIOU carbon fiber- 600mm, 31.8mm, Flat
- Weight: Only 10.75Kg
- Gear: Shimano Alivio (9S), 27 speeds
- Suspension: Aluminum alloy pneumatic front fork
- Brake: Shimano M355 hydraulic braking system
- Of course, the carbon fiber frame comes first. How they manage to provide this sturdy carbon fiber model at this price point, is still a little mystery to me.
- Of course lightweight. It’s the main application of a carbon fiber frame. And mountain biking requires the bike to be picked up by the rider sometimes, so it is the most important benefit in my opinion.
- Some complain about the hard seat. If you feel the same way too, there are always option to change the seat you know.
- The torque specification is not disclosed by the manufacturer.
Diamondback Bicycles Diamondback Overdrive Carbon Pro 29
- The Frame is of 142×12 rear spacing.
- Shimano six br-m7000 hydraulic disc brakes
- Rockshox Reba Rl fork with the 29 inch wheels
- 15mm thru-axle and standalone 100mm travel air front fork
- Carbon drop outs featured. Additionally, a tapered head tube and a press-fit 30 bottom bracket are available.
- Diamondback made 29Inch wheelset which is Blanchard 25r tubeless compatible
- A 34T front chain ring, bundled with a SRAM 11-speed drivetrain and a 10-42t rear cassette
- Crank: SRAM GX1000 with 34T Chain ring X-sync
- Handlebar: 720mm Wide Easton EC70 Carbon, Low Rise with 31.8mm Bar Bore
- Weight: Only 12.25Kg (27 pounds)
- Gear: SRAM GX X-Actuation Trigger, 11 Speed
- Suspension: Rockshox Reba RL 29″,, 1.5″ Taper Steerer Tube, 32mm Stanchion, 100mm Travel, w/ Rebound Adjust, Lockout, 15mm Thru-axleSolo Air.
- Brake: Shimano SLX BR-M7000 Hydraulic Disc, w/ 180mm Front / 160mm Rear Rotors
- The most balanced mountain bike
- Still very lightweight in term of assembly
- A RACE MACHINE!!! The 100mm Rockshox Reba RL fork with the 29 wheels, ensure a very much faster speed
You can say the price is too high, actually, it was. The initial price was really high, I agree. But later on, the price is reduced making it a gem to grab.
There is another instance of this same model available from Diamondback on which you might get interested too. With a lesser price. If you want to check that as well, you can get that here.
Richbit Updated Electric Mountain Bike
- 6061 Aluminum Frame
- 36V*10A Lithium Battery which is sealed in a removable pack
- 6-month bike warranty, 1-year battery warranty
- Weight: 26kg
- Shimano TX35 with 7 speed
- SPEED: 30-35 Kph(Off-road)
- 21 gears
- Immense fat tires
- Great suspension
- As said earlier, this weighs too much to be a mountain bike. But it is an electric bike you know, your choice. Just make sure that you do not go to any places riding this bike where you might have to carry it around.
BEIOU Carbon Fiber Mountain Bike – Editors Pick
- Toray T800 made Carbon Fiber frame
- SHIMANO M610 DEORE System
- 3×10 Speed capable mountain bike
- Disc brake used here which cannot be seen usually, hidden disc brake
- Fork Suspension
- Very lightweight. Weighs only – 10.8 kg
- This feature is not about the bike itself, but you would love this feature anyway. The provider of the bike ensures very fast delivery. Who does not hate to wait for his/her favorite bike to arrivea long, I do.
- Crank: HAO MENG
- Weight: 10.75kg
- Suspension: Aluminum alloy pneumatic front fork
- Brake: Shimano Alivio
- Tires: Kenda 26 inches by 1.95 inches
- Size: sizes of 15 inches, 17 inches, 19 inches
- Great design
- Quality brakes and gears
- Three different sizes to ensure wide acceptance of people
- None at this price point. Every user of this bike seems to be very happy with it, no complaint received yet.
Full suspension mountain bike under $3000
Two best picks from full suspension mountain bikes will be featured here. If you are a fan of a full suspension bike and want to go for the best of its kind, just pick one from the two demonstrated below.
If sky is the limit, pick the first one, or if you want one of the bikes without breaking your bank, go for the second
Diamondback Bicycles Catch 2 Complete Ready Ride Full Suspension Mountain Bicycle
- As a full suspension bike, this bike is equipped with Diamondback hydroformed alloy frame with Level Link Suspension
- The front suspension is also of Fox Float 34 fork.
- Kenda Havok tires. Measurement: 27.5×2.8″. Great choice for heavy grip
- SRAM GUIDE R hydraulic disc brakes
- SRAM GX Type 2.1, 11-Speed drivetrain and GX shifter for a unique gear shifting
- Diamondback Blanchard 32R
- Wheelset with tubeless compatibility
- DB4L “Lock on” 135mm Kraton grips and WTB Volt Comp saddle keep you in touch and control
- Size: 15.5″/small, 17”/medium, 19”/Large, 21”/XLarge
- Model no: 2/16/2350
- Dimensions: 32.00 pounds
- Color: Glossy Velvet
- Brand: Diamondback
- Hydroformed alloy frame, most wanted mountain bike frame solution of the town from Diamondback. It is DB’s patent protected design so you won’t have it elsewhere.
- Level link suspension. The most comfort you can get riding a mountain bike
- The most grip capable Kenda havoc tires
- Overall the complete combination of everything, the most complete mountain bike available.
- And much more……
Diamondback Bicycles 2016 Mission 1 Complete All Mountain Full Suspension Bike [Editors Pick] The best mountain bike of all, hands down, mic dropped
- The frame metal is made of 6061-T6 aluminum. Ultra-durability, paying the least price
- Suspension here is knuckleBox, another great choice whenever you have the best price to performance ratio in mind
- On the three main pivot points, there is single sided hardware is used. It ensures easy later service capability
- Told before, this bike is all about supplying the best output at this price point. Fox 34 Float CTD air is used as front suspension. And CTD “LV” suspension as rear. This are legendary over the suspension industry to maintain the best suspension maintaining a moderate price.
- SRAM is known to be the best shifter provider. Though they usually priced higher the market. Diamondback didn’t want to make this mountain bike to be anywhere near the lower side. So, they go for the best here in term of derailleur.
SRAM X7 type 2.1 rear derailleur is used here for a smooth and silent as well as proper shifting.
- Derailleur: Shimano SLX M675 Shadow+.
- Saddle: M-series DB Race
- Crankset: 30T RaceFace Ride
- Rear Travel: 160mm
- Suspension: KnuckleBox
- Headset: FSA
- Shifters: Shimano-Deore
- Attractive design
- Hydraulic disc brake
- Good suspension from knucklebox
- Great SRAM x7 shifters. Uncompromising quality.
- There is no kickstand
- It does not have a water bottle cage
- It is not fully assembled
What size of mountain bike should you choose?
Now, at the edge of this guide, let me shade some lights over sizing of mountain bikes. It is important. If your mountain bike does not suit you, nothing can be more regretful than that. Well, you can ride that, it will be painful in the long run. You won’t be able to ride for long, and especially, you will not enjoy it. So, why go through the hassle if you can avoid the circumstance just by giving a brief look over sizing of mountain bikes before purchasing?
Mountain bike’s frame is measured in inches. This lays between approximately from 13-23 inches. Follow the below image to perfectly pick up the most suitable mountain bike for you.
Don’t quite get this? 1st column is revealed for you. Here it is saying that, if your height is between 4’10” to 5’2” (mentioned in the upper part) you should go for mountain bikes sized XS (Extra small) meaning the bike frame should be in between 13.5 inches to 15 inches
There you go. Just keep this image above before purchasing.
So, what are you thinking? I know there’s a lot going on in that head of yours right now. You are great passionate mountain rider, who will be riding all those couloirs without fear using one of those mountain bike mentioned above. It’s obvious, right? Picking the right one is not an easy task for you. All you have to do now is to dig up your conditions, and then Just stick to the suggestion I’ve given above according to different scenarios. Your perfect mountain bike won’t come to you all on a happenstance, pick it wisely.
See you on the trail!!!