Top 7 Best Mountain Bikes Under 350 Dollars – Read Reviews in 2020
The biking industry takes a major leap every day. Today, mountain biking is not anymore an out-of-reach expensive hobby but is becoming more and more budget-friendly for the wider market. Many manufacturers, including leaders in the field, are producing quality models for a fair price.
With a tight budget in mind, believe us when we tell you that you can score the best mountain bike under $350. Do not be intimidated by high-priced models. The economical ones are sure to take you in for a spin.
With tons of affordable options available out there, you can definitely get yourself the best if you know how to look, where to look, and what to expect.
Things to Consider before buying
Before getting too excited, you should know first the basics before buying so you can get the best out of your budget.
First, determine your bike style. If you want routine biking or racing, get a cross-country bike (XC bike). You can go for a hardtail (with front suspension) or a full-suspension bike (with both front and rear suspension).
If you want to ride downhill and on complex trails, get an enduro bike, which has a more travel capacity than normal trail bikes. It comes with a full-suspension system for heavy-duty performance.
If you want to ride on down steep and very technical tracks quickly, opt for a downhill bike that has a coil-sprung suspension for perfect support.
Second, take a look at the frame material. In this price, you may encounter steel and aluminum frames. Steel can tolerate a good beating and can last a lifetime as long as it is well-maintained against rust. On the other hand, the aluminum frame is a more common type of frame and is lighter than steel.
It is strong and stiff and can stand hard knocks. However, it has a weaker fatigue life. Having these in mind, consider also how long you would want to keep your bike. Steel can last in the long run but it would take tremendous maintenance in a wet climate.
Your weight also is a big factor so opt for a frame that is strong enough and has sufficient elongation. Among the two, steel is less expensive, but there are emerging aluminum frames in the same price level.
Best Mountain Bikes Under 350 Dollars – Review and Guide in 2020
#1. Vilano Blackjack 3.0 29er Mountain Bike – High-Speed Performance
- Hand-built butted 6061 alloy 29er hardtail frame
- Mechanical disc brakes
- 18-mm travel suspension fork with lockout
- Double-wall alloy rims
- Shimano 8-speed EF-51 integrated shifter/brake lever
With this bike, you can take yourself for a ride even in light forest trails.
#2. Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Men’s Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike – The Beginner’s Choice
- 18-Inch Schwinn aluminum full-suspension frame with a front suspension fork
- SR Suntour dual (full) suspension
- 24-Speed Shimano EZ-Fire trigger shifters
- Shimano rear derailleur
- Pro Max front disc brakes
- 26-Inch wheel size
- Light and strong alloy rims support
- Schwinn alloy crank
This bike will definitely give you reliable and responsive biking with optimal gears and a lot less maintenance. For a price of less, this mountain bike sure is a real steal.
#3. 2020 Gravity FSX 1.0 Dual Full Suspension Mountain Bike
- Front and rear disc brakes
- Strong and durable aluminum frames
- Easy-to-use 24-speed Shimano shifters
- Adjustable front and rear suspension
- Strong and light double-wall rims
- Quick-release front and rear wheels
This is a great deal for a full-suspension mountain bike under $300. It has great gear components and a dependable system for the rider’s biking satisfaction.
#4. Mongoose Stasis Comp 26”
- Good-quality Mongoose aluminum full suspension frame
- Front suspension fork
- 21-Speed Shimano rear derailleur with SRAM twist shifters
- Front and rear disc brakes for great breaking power
- Alloy wheels with quick release front
Considering its loaded features, this mountain bike is one of the good bargains under $300. It is easy to handle, lightweight, agile, and offers exhilarating but comfortable performance, making it the perfect choice for novice bikers.
#5. Diamondback Bicycles Tess 24 Girl’s Mountain Bike
- Highly durable steel frame
- Suspension fork for absorbing bump stress
- Linear pull brakes for powerful stopping
- 21-speed drivetrain for wider gear range
This girl bike is suited for every girl with a venturesome heart. It is durable, reliable, and easy to assemble.
#6. Schwinn Women’s High Timber Mountain Bike – Women’s MTB
- Schwinn mountain frame with Schwinn suspension fork
- Shimano twist shifters with 21-speed rear derailleur
- Front and rear alloy linear pull brakes
- Lightweight and durable alloy rims
- Schwinn alloy crank
Equipped with a wide range of gears, this bike guarantees quality, comfort, and durability for long-term use with minimal maintenance issues.
#7. Merax Finiss 26″ Aluminum 21 Speed Mountain Bike
- Heat treated aluminum frame with aluminum suspension fork with a lockout
- Shimano EF51 shifters with 21-speed
- Shimano aluminum brake levers
- Aluminum alloy crank. ½.3/32.24T.42T.170L to be precise.
So, here’s your – the most stylish mountain bike where beauty meets with mentionable durability
What to look?
Even if you’re on a budget, do not be intimated by the high-priced models. As you can see in the list, you have a good bunch of options to choose from and you can get the best mountain bike for you for a low budget of $350. Even if they are low-cost, they do not disappoint in terms of strength, durability, and top-notch performance. Be an informed buyer and learn to compare these amazing features so you can maximize your buying potential.
We hope that this guide helped you make a clearer picture of what your dream mountain bike looks like. Keep your adrenaline pumping and score that mountain bike now!